Saturday, June 24, 2006

TCS ILP, Hyderabad

Again, like always it's been a LONG time since I've made a new post here. Now that I'm here in Hyderabad and have joined TCS finally, I can find sometime for these things again.

Few days before 20th June kept me real busy in packing stuff and arranging the documents that would be needed. The train was from Bhopal on 20th and we reached Secunderabad on 21st morning. We took a taxi to the Hotel Siddhartha where were accommodation was made by TCS and we were told the hotel where we'll be staying is old Hyderabad. Hotel Siddhartha, no doubt is good. We have a TV in the room, the room gets cleaned everyday, anytime room service for water or any problem, a newspaper everyday and so much more. While I was expecting some shopping malls and a good area to roam around when I spoke to my friend in Hyderabad, the hotel we're staying in and the area near by is good. 3 star, and the services are good. The only problem here is food. South Indian food is cheaper, and good North Indian food is kind of costly. We had one South Indian thali on 20th, though it was good at how diet should be but in my opinion it was lacking taste. I didn't at all like the 'rasam' and 'curry' or whatever it's called. The hunt for North Indian food then, was on. We had dinner at the hotel we're staying in on the same day and it was good.

The next day we had to get up early for TCS. Full 8 hours in the Audi, it was supposed to be the orientation for us. We also had the welcome lunch that day which was free. That day we also got this feel of the place Cyberabad because the bus took us from the hotel from this route. But the bus goes through a new route now, some Banjara Hills route I suppose. The next day we had verification of the documents they asked for and bank account opening. The lunch this time again was good but one needs to pay for the lunch. It's very much affordable considering the South Indian food one generally gets here. It's Rs. 23 for lunch here in CMC, TCS training centre. Tea and coffee are free and one can have them anytime during the break. I'm mentioning all this for those who are to join TCS. Some days before I was searching the same on google blog search and I could hardly find one post that was related to the training in Hyderbad. Regarding food, a good north Indian thali here will cost no less than 30 at this place, this is sure. And those who're from south will find no problem with food at all.

We have alternate Saturdays as off. You need to wear business formals for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thrusday and one can wear business casuals on Friday and Saturday. The CMC center is good. I have so many pics to send home and put 'em up here on the blog but the PC I'm sitting on is old, has 98 and has problem with the USB port.

In all it's very much like a paid vacation. The only thing is that we have to pay for food. And paying is not a problem; it's been 4 days we're like on north-indian food hunt. We hope to find a permanent place soon. We have the plans for visiting Charminar and near by places today. It's really fun right now. The classes for the training start from Monday. So we have two days to visit a few fmous places in Hyderabad.

I think I'll end this post now. I know it's not like on good and arranged post but bear with me. The system I'm sitting on is one from the early-man era. Excuse me for the mistakes or typos because the keyboard sucks even more.

20 Comments:

Blogger Silver Mist said...

FIRST COMMENT!!!!
YAY! :D

Nice!!
You seem to be having fun there! And a paid vacation doesn't sound bad at all!! Lucky devil! :D

Never been to hyderabad, so have absolutely no idea what it's like. Keep us posted!
And Best Of Luck!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey tht was a good one...

Btw...im a native of Hyd...and i want to clear u 1 thing...food here is awesome...whether its north indian or south indian...no city can serve food tastier than hyd...i can say tht as i have visited many places in north india but couldnt find food more spicier than here...
I can help u out regd. food if u want
btw...Even im placed in TCS and my training strts frm Aug 3rd @ Coimbatore

4:33 AM  
Blogger Neha said...

Hi!
Enjoy ur "paid vacation" before it gets transformed into something else :-P and Take care!!

4:14 AM  
Blogger shikha said...

heyo....good to hear about your new life...i was actually waiting to hear from ya about TCS....cool u r having so much fun..i m sure it ll be like dis always...

chalo keeep me updated...
byeeee

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can u plzzz post howz the training there??coz.. i've heard many saying that Hyderabad training centre is not so good.
Thanks a looot for the rest..
Regards,
Rohan

5:10 AM  
Blogger ~Lord Anshul said...

ohh..i miss those days @ cmc..

amazing..me and a bunch of guys were always last to board on the bus

and trust me..it is paid vacations..fultoo masti maarna..
and do visit ramoji film city..
drop me ur no..i'll give u a call sometime..
u have my no na..or drop me a mail

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
can u plz tell hows the training all about and do u get time for urself.and plz do mention about the tests during training.

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Routine said...

Hey, just landed here(blog) from google. Just what I needed, I am TCS @ 15th October Hyderabad. I have a query though, in which bank do we get an account? and can we change the bank?
Keep updating this thread mate, Ill keep checking...

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnx yr 4 ur post..
It help me to gather information.
Post more if u have..

2:26 AM  
Blogger The Student said...

Thanks for the Info. Joining on 25th June at Trivandrum.
Hope to see more updates before that

1:56 AM  
Blogger NUPUR said...

hey u were right,it tuk me lot of pain to find blogs which cud give actually give u d valued info regarding ILP.. but i ve not yet got ma ILP date.. how long can it get extended?? wer r d other ILP centres?

6:19 AM  
Anonymous swapnil said...

gr8...............
thnx a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Naresh said...

thanks for this valuable info. you are really doing a good job dude. keep it up.

1:20 AM  
Blogger workhard said...

Hey.. there are a lot of good north Indian food joints.. but yeah they do come at a hefty price....

Work from home India

12:07 PM  
Blogger surbhit said...

thankx for this post, il be joining TCS very soon... and bdw please start writing again

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man...m from indore got my ilp at hyderabad from 7th july ....it seems u had a nice time ...hope to get a good experience @hyderabad especially food ..
any body getting joining on or around 7th july plz mail me ankdev212@yahoo.co.in

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i have my joining on 22 hyderabad and i will be coming on 21 late night so will there any problem in getting the room because i will be ariving on 11:30 so i want to ask that if the all the rooms get filled then where i m gonna stay

PLZ REPLY

3:10 AM  
Blogger indrani lekha said...

Bargain Online for the best hotels at MyDeals247.com
For more please watch the video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWigWICKsII

9:42 PM  
Blogger teja nara said...

Well, Good information you have placed and useful too. Just now I saw your blog and it is nice and good. We provide corporate training for all courses for more details visit here
Corporate Training in Hyderabad

2:42 AM  
Blogger teja nara said...

Well, Good information you have placed and useful too. Just now I saw your blog and it is nice and good. We provide corporate training for all courses for more details visit here
Corporate Training in Hyderabad

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home